Pope Family Dentistry values your time and makes every effort to ensure that your appointment starts and ends within your scheduled time.
- Effective November 1, 2022, our broken appointment fee will be $50 per broken appointment.
- We require 48 BUSINESS HOUR NOTICE to change or cancel a scheduled appointment. Appointments cancelled/broken within the 48 BUSINESS HOUR timeframe will incur the $50 broken appointment fee.
- 2 or more appointments, that are cancelled/changed violating this policy, will not only incur a fee but may also make you unable to schedule appointments with our office, making our availability to you same day appointments only. Habitual broken/missed appointments may result in dismissal from the practice.
- We REQUIRE confirmation for EVERY appointment. If your appointment is unconfirmed, we will attempt to contact you via text, email and phone to try and confirm your appointment PRIOR to the 48 BUSINESS HOUR requirement. If your appointment is not confirmed within 48 BUSINESS HOURS PRIOR to your scheduled appointment, with our multiple attempts, we will assume that you are not coming to your appointment. At which time, we will cancel your appointment and charge your account the $50 Broken Appointment Fee.
- Treatment Appointments with a patient copayment require a 20% down payment of said copayment to reserve your scheduled time. Once paid, if a broken appointment occurs, the $50 Broken Appointment Fee will be deducted from your 20% prepayment.
- We have a strict, 10-minute arrival time grace period for your scheduled appointment. Arriving later than 10 minutes past your scheduled time will result in your appointment being rescheduled and the $50 Broken Appointment Fee will apply.
- If you have insurance and would like for our office to file it on your behalf, it is your responsibility to ensure that our office has the most up to date insurance information for you and your family. If your insurance has changed since your last visit, WE NEED YOUR NEW INSURANCE INFORMATION AT LEAST 48 BUSINESS HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, in order to file your insurance for you. Confirmation texts will have links to insurance update forms that can be submitted electronically. If we verify your insurance prior to your appointment and realize it is no longer valid, we will contact you and require updated information within 48 BUSINESS HOURS.
- The $50 Broken Appointment Fee must be paid prior to the rescheduling of an appointment.
- We realize that our office may have to reschedule your appointment for various and unforeseen reasons, such as family emergencies. We will take this into account when assessing whether a broken appointment fee will be assessed.